Report your sightings so that others can share in your experience >
To see what’s going on around Britain, browse the list below of sightings others have shared.
Title image: Hairy dragonfly by Dave Smallshire
- Broad Bodied Chaser dragonfly emerges from garden wildlife pond, Norwich. Photos: http://www.davidboulton.co.uk/gallery_410877.html
Broad Bodied Chaser dragonfly emerges from garden wildlife pond, Norwich. Photos: http://www.davidboulton.co.uk/gallery_410877.html
- Banded Demoiselle
Several males and female Banded Demoiselles seen by the riiverbank at Canford Maga, Dorset. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thekrankis/7177278648/in/photostream
- 11 newly emerged teneral Broad bodied chasers Lavernock SSSI Wales 3 Teneral 4 Spotted chasers Cosmeston lakes
Lavernock nature reserve the new pond extension is paying dividends this year first sunny dry day a bit windy a mass emergence of Broad bodied chasers. I counted 11 in all. About 30 Large red damselflies were present at the pond edge Also 1 Broad bodied exuvia in the mud about 8 inches from the pond. Cosmeston lakes Top pond 3 4-spotted chasers Tenerals / Pond dipping pond by restaurant 20 Blue Tailed damselfly 30- 40 large red damselfly
- Wiltshire VC7
- More first for the year at Lower Moor Farm!
Chris Beard and Rosie Ray visited Lower Moor Farm today where they found yet more Downys – 2 emergers and one in flight. Also 2 Red-eyed and 1Blue-tailed Damsels being firsts for the year for the county; a few Common Blues and a Large Red Damsel. All were teneral. Photos on Blog.
- My first species of the year recorded today at Messingham Sand Quarries LWTR.
My first species of the year recorded today at Messingham Sand Quarries LWTR. A total of 19 Common-blue Damselfly and a single Azure Damselfly were observed around the reserve.
- Large Red Damselflies, Suffolk
Three teneral Large Red Damselflies seen in Holywells Park, Ipswich mid AM
- Two Common Blue Damsellfles seen on the 8th May at Marston Vale CP
Two Common Blue Damsellfles seen on the 8th May at Marston Vale CP
- 40 Large Red Damselflies, 3 Azure Damselflies, 38 Variable Damselflies and 2 Hairy Dragonflies seen at Sutton Fen today
40 Large Red Damselflies, 3 Azure Damselflies, 38 Variable Damselflies and 2 Hairy Dragonflies seen at Sutton Fen today
- 1 Large Red Damselfly teneral with 3+ exuviae
1 Large Red Damselfly teneral perched on a reed stem in front of the hide at Kent Wildlife Trust’s Cromers Wood reserve. There were 3+ exuviae also in the same reed clump. The weather was overcast with occasional showers (sometimes heavy).
- Damselflies at The Mythe
Visiting The Mythe on a sunny afternoon to look for early dragonflies, we only found damselflies! The following species were recorded: Large Red Damselfly x 18 – mainly immature females, Red-eyed Damselfly x 9 – tenerals, Blue-tailed Damselfly x 1, Common Blue Damselfly x1 teneral male, Azure Damselfly x 1 male.