- Lateish Common Darter
- The warden, Simon King, saw a female Common Darter by the pond at Testwood Lakes Centre on 28.11.20. Still two weeks to go to tie the VC11 record!
- Late Hawker?
- After a sharp overnight frost a Migrant Hawker flying at 11.00 in bright sunshine
- New Forest dragonflies
- A Southern Hawker was hunting in Dame's Slough Inclosure (west of Lyndhurst) and a male Common Darter sunning itself to to the north east of Burbush carpark (south of Burley)....
- Late Common Darters
- 23 November 2020 at least two male Common Darters on open access land Walberswick. Seen flying and basking in sunshine early afternoon.
- Common darter
- Common Darter seen at RSPB Lakenheath on Saturday 21st of November.
- Late Southern Hawker
- Male Southern Hawker seen in New Forest, Hampshire near Highland Water Inclosure (SU 252094).
- Late common darters
- Three common darters in a sheltered spot at Norfolk Wildlife Trust's Upton Fen and Marshes nature reserve. They were doing their usual trick of seeking warmth on fencing.
- dragonflies still about
- Shapwick NNR at least 2 Common Darters and 2 Migrant Hawkers
- Red-veined Darter Shapwick NNR
- Male Red-veined Darter at Decoy Pond Shapwick NNR in sheltered sunny area by hide also present at least 10 Common Darters and 3 Migrant Hawkers
What's Happening Near You
Visit your county page for lots of useful information, including. . .
Details about your local dragonfly group.
Your locally important species.
An interactive map of top sites to visit in the county.
Recent dragonfly-related news from the area.
Exciting sightings reported in the county.
Upcoming events, such as field meetings and training courses.
Click on your county on the map to the right —>>>
Latest News & Tweets
Help support our research and conservation work by shopping with us.
Need a hand identifying a dragonfly? Find it using our nifty help page.