Book your place at our Online Autumn Conference on Saturday 14th November here. Everyone welcome and tickets are free but donations are appreciated to help cover running costs of the meeting. You can donate directly here. Thank you for your support.
- Diminishing Dragons
- While walking around Wicken Fen during the early afternoon, i was pleased to see 2 Migrant Hawkers, 1 male and 1 female. Also 2 Common Darters seen. Again 1 male...
- First time in October!
- 2 Emperors in garden in Petersfield
- Highland and Islands
- Common Hawker?
- On the 18th Fairway Newtonmore Golf Course, Inverness-Shire
- Cornwall with Scilly
- Tamar Valley, Cornwall - A pair of Emperors
- Two Emporers were spotted foraging around the edges of a flooded pond within the Tamar Valley woodland estate
- What a little gem.
- I believe this is a Willow Emerald Damselfly, but your confirmation would be appreciated. Spotted at Woodwalton Fen in Cambridgeshire.
- Lunch time dragons
- I spent a few hours canoeing along the Lodes around Wicken Fen. At midday i took a lunch break in a sunny sheltered area. Delighted to see at least 4...
- Southern Hawker Glastonbury
- Single male Southern Hawker at garden pond with a Common Darter
- Brief Encounter
- I arrived at Wicken Fen in the pouring rain. Fortunately it stopped shortly after my arrival so my walk was still on. As i walked beside Wicken Lode the sun...
- Emperor surprise
- A single Emperor dragonfly at my Garden pond
What's Happening Near You
Visit your county page for lots of useful information, including. . .
Details about your local dragonfly group.
Your locally important species.
An interactive map of top sites to visit in the county.
Recent dragonfly-related news from the area.
Exciting sightings reported in the county.
Upcoming events, such as field meetings and training courses.
Click on your county on the map to the right —>>>
Help support our research and conservation work by shopping with us.
Need a hand identifying a dragonfly? Find it using our nifty help page.