Get involved in recording dragonflies in Wiltshire by contacting the vice-county recorders, Rosie Ray (VC7, VC8) . Contact details can be found on the County Dragonfly Recorders page.
For information and records of where dragonflies are to be found within Wiltshire visit
Latest Sightings in Wiltshire
- Female Emperor
- Female Emperor flying around a pond at Ravensroost Woods in Wiltshire.
- Southern Hawker
- A lone male Southern Hawker was patrolling the southern pond at Ravensroost Meadows this afternoon, despite temperatures of about 12C. The late date isn't completely unexpected - it's only my...
- Last year and again this week.
- Very Large Southern Hawker, ( I think). Comes into house , has a good look round sitting room and leaves.
- Enormous Southern Hawker
- This dragonfly visits us every day. She flies in and out of out conservatory - and around the fountain.
- Emperor dragonfly Wiltshire
- Emperor dragonfly, Kingsdown, Corsham , Wiltshire.
- Beautiful large Southern Hawker
- Spotted on a plant on the edge of a path on the northern edge of Salisbury adjacent to a pig field.
- Banded demaselle
- Flying around a pond in a back garden. Semi rural location just outside Swindon. Not seen before.
- Platycnemis Pennines??
- I saw your request to report sighting of the above mentioned and although I am not 100% certain, it looked remarkably like the one in the Garden RHS July magazine....
- Emporer Visited Our Conservatory
- This great fella visited us and got himself stuck in our conservatory. We carefully encouraged him into the kids fishing net and released him. Beautiful!