Get involved in recording dragonflies in Wiltshire by contacting the vice-county recorders, Rosie Ray (VC7, VC8) . Contact details can be found on the County Dragonfly Recorders page.
For information and records of where dragonflies are to be found within Wiltshire visit
Latest Sightings in Wiltshire
- Where did bridge 159 go?
- Several male Banded Demoiselle damselflies spotted between Bridge 158 and 160 (Semington Bridge) on the Kennet and Avon Canal in Wiltshire. There were other types flying today as well but...
- Emperor spotted in the garden today 12/8/2019
- Emperor spotted basking in swindon wiltshire today 12/8/2019
- A Visitor to my Conservatory
- A single Yellow Ringed Dragonfly in my garden.
- Simply astonishing!
- On a wild place of our property, on bushes and short trees I saw two Damseflies, one was a female "Beautiful Demoiselle" the other one a female "Banded Demoiselle" -...
- female broad bodied chaser
- back garden in westbury among garden water features
- Black winged damselfly
- 4 winged damselfly (closed its wings when landed) with a beautiful irridescent green body and black wings shot through with irridescent green lines. 2-3 inches long Looking it up, it...
- Just emerged female broad bodied chaser
- Beautiful chaser sunning herself having just emerged. She must've come from next door's pond, crawled under the 2m fence and up a penstemon. A town centre garden in Melksham (on...
- Banded Demoiselle likes nectarines
- Greengrocer 50 yards from the bridge over the river Avon in the centre of Chippenham, Wiltshire
- Black dragonfly (or damselfly)?
- All-black dragonfly working my bean patch one sunny afternoon last week. Other than an all black body the most noticeable feature was a large, round black spot in the centre...