Get involved in recording dragonflies in Wiltshire by contacting the vice-county recorders, Rosie Ray (VC7, VC8) . Contact details can be found on the County Dragonfly Recorders page.
For information and records of where dragonflies are to be found within Wiltshire visit
Latest Sightings in Wiltshire
- Beautiful large Southern Hawker
- Spotted on a plant on the edge of a path on the northern edge of Salisbury adjacent to a pig field.
- Banded demaselle
- Flying around a pond in a back garden. Semi rural location just outside Swindon. Not seen before.
- Platycnemis Pennines??
- I saw your request to report sighting of the above mentioned and although I am not 100% certain, it looked remarkably like the one in the Garden RHS July magazine....
- Emporer Visited Our Conservatory
- This great fella visited us and got himself stuck in our conservatory. We carefully encouraged him into the kids fishing net and released him. Beautiful!
- Scarce Chaser male
- Flying amongst vegetation in a natural swimming pool near Malmesbury, Wilts
- Scarce Chaser - Wilts/Dorset border
- Sighted a male at our garden pond. My first time of ever sighting a Scarce Chaser.
- Steeple Langford
- Emperors, Black-tailed Skimmers, Four-spotted Chasers and Downy Emerald. Common Blue, Red-eyed and Blue-tailed Damselflies, and Banded Demoiselles. On angling club lakes next to WWT Langford Lakes.
- Broad-bodied Chasers - wow!
- About a dozen broad-bodied chasers hawking above a boggy pond in the Savernake Forest.
- black tailed skimmers
- Seven black tailed skimmers (4F, 3M) at Clattinger Farm Wilts wildlife trust reserve. Really liked a tangle of old bleached wood