- This event has passed.
Food & Farming Day
- Friday, 1 July 2022
- Event Category:
- Meeting BDS Present
- Event Website:
The Kids Country Food & Farming Day aims to teach children where food comes from and the importance of agriculture and the countryside, through interactive learning experiences.
Just £4.80 (inc VAT) per child
It was attended by 3,500 pupils from over 53 schools from 50 schools across Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, and Essex in 2019. It also featured over 300 exhibitors from 70 companies offering various activities across 12 learning zones.
Children get the chance to touch and taste various foods; find out more about livestock and working animals; make bread rolls and pies in Kids Kitchen; visit an African village; see the machinery and technology deployed on UK farms; and much more.
“There were so many activities for the children to be involved in. Our children learnt about many aspects of farming life, which surround our home environment. The staff were very helpful and the children really enjoyed the shows and getting practical with food and animals.” – Tydd St Mary CofE Primary School
- Huge range of activities designed to ensfargoat
- ure a fun and interactive learning experience
- Hands-on demonstrations and talks from leading industry suppliers and experts in the field
- Children can engage with livestock, learn new skills and understand the farm to fork adventure
- Exciting competitions to enter
- The event incorporates key elements of the national curriculum for Key Stages 1 and 2
- Associated project work is available for classroom preparation and follow up
Image S P Photography
- Amna Bell. Education Coordinator. 01733 961025.