- This event has passed.
Dragonfly Exuviae Volunteer ID Day
- Wednesday, 13 April 2022
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Meeting Other
- Event Website:
Do you have an interest in identifying and recording dragonfly and damselfly exvuiae? We’re looking for volunteers to help us with our dragonfly exuviae collection! Join our expert tutor and take time to look at specimens, access ID resources and gain confidence in your skills.
We’ll be working through a collection of odonata exuviae to identify and log specimens collected from the West Midlands and beyond. These exuviae will then form part of a teaching collection used to educate and inspire future dragonfly recorders.
Volunteers are also encouraged to bring their own dragonfly and damselfly exuviae specimens to get their identification verified.
An expert dragonfly tutor and BioLinks project team member will be on hand to verify species determinations, answer volunteer questions and provide identification guidance.
What’s included in this event?
- Support and guidance from a dragonfly specialist and member of the FSC BioLinks project team.
- Practical experience of identifying dragonfly and damselfly exuviae
- Access to our entomological library, microscopes and lab equipment
- A chance to meet fellow minded people from a range of different disciplines
- Please email if you have any questions
It’s free to join in, however, you must be at least 18 years of age and study space is limited so booking is essential.
You’ll have access to our tea and coffee making facilities but please bring your own lunch and any other refreshments you may require!
- Booking required.